Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Midnight Karaoke - My Midnight Radio

I put an offer on a house yesterday. It’s an older home that hasn’t been updated in 30 years. Meaning every visible surface needs some type of work. But it’s a nice big house with strong bones. Except for the oil tank. And the rough neighborhood. And the roof.
I’m not holding my breath for it though. There is an investor that already bid cash. It was accepted, so I am in first back-up position. These investors like to come in with a strong offer, and then try to push the already low price down further with demands to the homeowner to pay for needed repairs via renegotiating to a lower offer. So there is a small chance that my offer could still be accepted.
It might be a pretty rough neighborhood, but it is right in walking distance (>1 mile) of 3 different really groovy areas.
It is a good sized lot, with no less than 1 oversized garage and THREE carports, PLUS an RV carport! I can picture the connected 3 carports being used as a “gathering” spot for friends (and the band!); it is shady in the summer, dry in the rain. And it rains a lot in the Pacific Northwest. So plenty of room for roommates, plus a spot to eventually park a small RV (I got my eye on those Sprinter conversions, if I ever win the lottery). And there could even be room for the occasional couchsurfing.com or airbnb.com guest.
So I went out last night with a bunch of friends for karaoke and stayed out way too late. Past midnight! My alarm goes off at 5:15 am so today will be a bit slow. Singing karaoke at midnight is so much fun though! How Can Be?
It was busy with all the folks, but was able to sing:
Runaround Sue - Dion & the Belmonts
Train in Vain - The Clash
I Saw the Light - Hank Williams Sr.
Vehicle - Ides of March



 I Love My Radio (midnight RadioTaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment