Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rambling on

It’s funny how life changes so quickly. I started this blog with the intent to document my progress towards fulfilling a dream of travelling and living in a large van or small motorhome. I now find myself in the midst of buying a house, effectively tying me down to a location.

My dream of travel hasn’t left me, rather I feel it is being solidified. If I can stick with my plan of finding roommates for 4-5 years, I can catapult my travel/retirement plans onto a fast track.  If I am honest with myself, I would only want to travel for a year or two and then come back to a home. With this plan, I could have a home that is sustainable with no input from me, and I could look into taking month-long unpaid sabbaticals from my job. I say unpaid because my company is notoriously tight on paid vacation time.

If my life takes another turn and I find a life partner that I want to share my living space with, I have a wonderful home to either share, or move out of completely to rent it out. And if life were to really throw me for a crazy loop, there is space in this home to raise a family. Speaking of, I keep battling with myself about going to the doctor and getting that whole family option taken care of. I am 44 years old, and I really don’t need to start a family with anybody.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am anxious to get into the house. It will probably be another 3-4 weeks before final document signing and I get the keys.

I’m not very technically savvy about all this blogging stuff, but I want to set up a picture storage situation. I suppose Google Picassa work, that’s where blogger stores pictures anyways?

2 comments:

  1. picasaweb works pretty good. flickr.com and photobucket.com are viable alternatives as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. picasa is it, seems to be the easiest and is already set up.

    ReplyDelete