Monday, February 13, 2012

Hot and Bothered, Moist and Steamy.

And I finally have heat in the new house. The hot water heater heats up to about 150 degrees for the heating coils, and then the hot water is tempered down to a cooler temperature before it reaches the shower or sinks.
Once the entire inside work is done, I will have all of the duct work cleaned. It should cost between $400 -$600 for a certified NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) job. There are giant wads of dog hair in the vents and duct work.
I took some good advice, and moved some kitchen stuff and books into the house. It felt non-threatening and ok!
+++++++++++++++++++

Met two of the neighbors, and got the low-down on the mold. Seems the upstairs kitchen sink leaked for months at a time and soaked the basement wall on the south side of the building. The sink no longer leaks and I will keep an eye on it.

The outside ground on the south side of the building slopes toward the house. A nice French Drain would work wonders in moving water away from the house during the rainy season.

The neighbor gave me a printout of a mold inspector and a DVD. The DVD didn’t have any pictures of mold, but it did have a very nice video of a sewer drain inspection from 2007. It looked great! The mold report listed some high indoor air particles… but I am still convinced that with proper water control, humidity monitoring, and general cleaning (I just found old mouse droppings in a cabinet dead space) I won’t have any problems. I might not move myself into the basement right away, but I don’t expect any difficulties once I do.

++++++++++++++

Went out to dinner with Super Bowl Woman, and re-established some boundaries. We spent most of the dinner talking about website dating. It was quite fun, and I think we are building our existing friendship to a stronger place. We will definitely hang out again. And I also confirmed for myself that her intensity, while great for a friendship, would be a challenge for me.

But let’s face it. Half my problem is I’m just plain old horny. The great thing about that is Ecstatic Dance and Massage can at least give me Touch from another person. Sometimes we just need a hug.

Norman Cook, aka FatBoy Slim, FreakPower, Beats International, The Housemartins,Brighton Port Authority 

6 comments:

  1. Oh hey, look at that! You added a blog roll. More blogs to feed my addiction. Not good! Have you considered a pet? Seriously. They are the best snuggle buddies, aside from a spouse or partner or whatever. I write this with a cat lying across the back of my neck. Just the sweetest! I may have an extra....:). -T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not pets for me, please :)
      I am allergic to snuggly critters

      Delete
  2. Nice progress report! I was so anxious to learn about last night's dinner... sounds good... and yes... hugs --- y'got a Grandmother? ... she wants one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Grandmothers are left, but my Mother could use a hug from me. It's been awhile.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I think there's a lot of skin hunger that goes with being single. If horn were the only problem, that's easily handled. Get it? Handled?

    Roxanne
    The Good Luck Duck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hrmm. "skin hunger"... never heard it phrased that way.

      Delete