Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cubicle Movement and Positive Thought

The contact improv dance last night was incredible. I was a bit more forceful in keeping myself safe from having heavy bodies twisting me wrong. The knee pads were great, too! I’m still a little sore this morning, but I can feel my body strengthening. I’m hooked on this new motion activity! I have regular ecstatic dance tonight, so I will try wearing the kneepads there, too.

+++++++++++++++++++

I sit in a cubicle all day long, and tend to hunch over the keyboard for hours at a time. I installed a simple alarm program on my computer desktop that goes off every hour instructing me to “Stand UP!!” When the alarm goes off, I sit up straight, twist each direction in my chair a few times, lift my arms above my head and lean back. Then I stand up and repeat the twists and back bend with raised arms. Then I scoot my chair out of the way and lean against my desk and do 15 “pushups” against the desk.  I’ve been doing this for about two weeks now. It feels good, even though I get strange looks from my fellow cubicle dwellers.

+++++++++++++++++++

It seems the more I move my body, the less time my brain dwells on negativity. It’s funny though… I move my body at social events that force me to interact with people. These people invite me out for food and other events, and my negative thoughts are pushed even further away. Common sense, right?


A groovy light in the darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment