Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Raincoats and the Not Ready For Prime Time Players

For Thanksgiving the last two years, I have gone to the home of my mentor along with about 100+ other people. My mentor has an acre lot on a river with a large home. People come from all over the world and we sleep on the floor, in cars, in tents… anywhere we can find space. People wander in and out over the course of a 5 day period. Live music, good food, reconnection, and community strengthen our little clan. I feel very blessed to be part of it.

I have invited H.S. to come along, as I think she would really thrive in this setting. I sent her some more information yesterday but have not heard back from her. She might have decided not to go after all, but it would be nice for her to let me know either way.
+++++++++++++++
Dinner with B.D. last night was interesting. I had thought it was rather out of character for her to want to see me so quickly after our last encounter on Friday night. Seems she had gone to her doctor for a regular checkup, and had inquired about reproduction health. Without going into too much detail, B.D. needed to make a decision whether to start taking The Pill this month or next.

So we had another talk.

We are still both on the same page that this dating thing is great, but that word “Relationship” and all that word entails is not something either of us can handle.

I’m not sure what all that means, but I do feel better about it. The funny thing is, we technically haven’t had the need for this, but even if things progress in that we do need it, we (I) would still be using the old standby prophylactic Jimmy Hat.  Yeah, Too much information.
++++++++++++
And to make my dating situation even more absurd, I am having dinner tonight with the woman I dated 6 months ago that resembled my wife…. I have no idea what I am doing having dinner with her.
Roxy Music- Bryan Ferry - Love is the drug I was thinking of

No comments:

Post a Comment