Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My people were fair and had sky in their hair... but now they're content to wear stars on their brows

What a long weekend.
Home in bed Friday night by 9:00 PM! Saturday and Sunday was a whirlwind Halloween parties, and Monday was insanity at my workplace.

Funny, as I sit here trying to think of what to write, the urge to forget it all, and shut down this blog is really strong.  I blame it on a really late night and a 5:00 AM alarm.  I’ll try to come back to this later today.

+++ later:

Halloween weekend was fun. Saturday night party saw me with a horrible gold lamé coat making me look like a Glam Rock Marc Bolan cast-off. Much fun was had. Sunday was filled with pumpkin carving and pizza at an afternoon party.  Monday was a really busy day with Halloween activities at work.

My company pretty much shuts down for the Halloween festivities. The place goes whole hog crazy with decorations and costumes and skits. Work basically ends around 10:00 am and we all wander the building looking at each department’s handiwork. And then we all go off-site around 2:00 for more fun and food, until about 6:00 pm. Crazy.

+++ and later still:

When it rains, it pours. Had a check-in conversation with B.D last night and we are going to continue seeing each other, also this weekend the 28-year old emailed me and wants to hang out next week, and the woman I had a 6 month relationship with last year contacted me, and I think we will have dinner in my new apartment in a few weeks. This dating stuff really sucks. Are my expectations too high? Am I comparing these women to an elevated and blurred vision of my late wife?   

I saw pictures of myself this weekend, and horrified at how my middle aged body looks. I’m overweight. Most people would call me the new “normal” body shape, but at 5’8” and 170 lbs I am not happy. But laziness and procrastination keep me from doing anything about it. 
T Rex Marc Bolan Bang a Gong Get it On

No comments:

Post a Comment