Friday, August 19, 2011

Hiking with the Boogie Fever

A full weekend planned. Hiking with a new partner tomorrow (Saturday), someone I’ve known for a few years, but have never hiked with. He is a bit of an outdoorsman, so it will be interesting to see if I can keep up. Another hike is tentatively scheduled for Sunday with my regular hiking partner.
I will be skipping my standard Sunday morning routine of Ecstatic Dance yet again this month. Yeah, ecstatic dance. I’ll wait here while you google it…. Now don’t laugh. It’s a wonderful way to get the body moving. Nice and sweaty workout with good music and beautiful people. Every walk of life is there, from young families with children, to long-retired elder adults just trying to keep the bones moving. Sure, there are a few dirty-foot hippies, and some hot soccer moms in yoga pants, but most are regular folks just dancing around, trying to feel the groove and maybe burn a few calories while interacting with the community. You should look it up, and see if there is an ecstatic dance community in your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment