Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Have you never been mellow?

Well aren’t I a contradiction of intention. Tonight I am going out once again with the Blind Date woman who I previously mentioned held no spark for me.  Seems the more we hang out and she opens up, the more enjoyable her company becomes.

I’ve been very sedate and mellow the last two days for some reason. I have literally made myself some dinner after work and then laid down in bed for the remainder of the night. I’m talking like 6:30 pm I’m in bed. Granted, I’m either reading, or emailing/web browsing on my iPhone, but still, there is no reason for me to be lying in bed for 11 hours a day.  I think it has more to do with the rain and lack of pre-scheduled events more than anything.

I have events scheduled every night until Sunday, so I should feel more productive in the coming days.

The excitement for moving into the new apartment is increasing, and I am anxious to see how this change could be another closure for me after my wife’s death.  This apartment might turn into an actual Bachelor Pad and that would be an extremely positive thing. Maybe the current mellowness is my body gearing up for the frenzy of moving ?

I need to get out and sing some Karaoke. It’s been a couple of months since I last went.

Olivia Newton John sings the original sugary version of Have You Never Been Mellow, but The Feederz do a great punk rock cover. Kenny and Junko are amazing as well, as witnessed in the youtube video above. Yeah, right? This is what they call a "bathroom break song" at the Karaoke Bars.



No comments:

Post a Comment