Monday, October 3, 2011

Spending Loot, with a little Booze, and a lot of Fun

I really felt good going into Saturday. I had plans to clean my apartment and look at a house for sale. I didn’t get very far, but yet went much further than expected.

A friend called inviting me out for breakfast, so I walked the 1.5 miles to the restaurant and had a great time. I had an appointment at noon to meet my realtor at a house in the neighborhood, so I invited my friend to walk the roughly 1 mile to the house. I was a bit unprofessional having a friend walk through the house with me, but after I looked it over, I asked him to leave so I could talk with the realtor. This house is almost perfect. It has 2 bedrooms and a bath upstairs, and a full bathroom downstairs in a finished basement that would be perfect for me to live in. I put an offer on the house. I should know by the end of the day if my offer has been accepted. There were already 3 other offers on the table.

I am trying to not freak out over the whole economy thing, and mortgaging myself in the midst of this turmoil.

I don’t know how I almost forgot, but there was a reunion of friends on Saturday night that I almost spaced out on going to. These were friends from almost 20 years ago. We were a large group of about 50 kids back in the late 80’s that banded together, all in our late teens and early 20’s. So eight of us got together on Saturday night and played catch-up with much laughter and good feelings. A few Facebook re-connections later and the inner-circle of the that group from all those years ago are slowly finding each other again.

After such an eventful Saturday, I literally did not do anything Sunday. No house cleaning, no laundry, just lying in bed reading and watching YouTube and playing on Facebook all day. I don’t know where my energy went. I wonder if subconsciously I am having difficulty having my life move forward in a positive way without my wife. It’s hard to acknowledge that I can be happy, and fulfilled without her. Others have given me permission to carry on. I need to give that permission to myself. As my Brother-In-Law likes to say during a time of mental struggle or decision making……”What’s your Hesitation?”

I should be totally excited about my life right now. I have 3 dates in the next 3 days with 3 different wonderful women, I am waiting on word from a potential dream house, and my job is getting fulfilling again. And I’m also re-connecting with old friends and fostering new friendships! What more could a person ask for?


The Tossers- No Loot, No Booze, No Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment