Friday, October 7, 2011

wanting to Run Away

So my shrink wants to start seeing me every week now. I guess it wasn’t my imagination that I was slipping a little bit into a depression. I’m pushing against mindful expansion with apathy and procrastination, with day dreams of escape. Those are my words, not hers.

I was going to try and look at another house this weekend, and a home that has been on the market 6 days already has 3 offers, and apparently one is for over the asking price. Crazy I tell ya!

Last Tuesday night I had a date with the quiet woman I met on a blind date and we have another date tonight. This makes the 5th or 6th date with her. I wrote how I was going to put some distance between us and let her know in a gentle way that I am not feeling any ‘spark’.  Well, I didn’t do that on Tuesday, so I better do this tonight. She is fun to hang out with though. I just don’t feel any “oomph” in the WhooHooo department.

Rollerskating on Saturday night again! And then Ecstatic Dance on Sunday morning, followed by a date with the 28 year old young woman that evening!

I don’t know why I have this slight depression. My life is great! It is filled with laughter and good friends. I have no financial woes, I live in one of the best parts of town for walking to hip restaurants and storefronts, my job pays well with great benefits and I only work 40 hours a week. I really shouldn’t have any complaints.

So why do I want to run away?
Bronski Beat Smalltown Boy -

No comments:

Post a Comment