Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Change Your Mind- Nothing Ever Stays The Same

I feel like I am at a crossroads. 

I need to make up my mind on what direction I would like my life to go.

I no longer feel I am getting maximum benefit from going to grief support groups, young widow/ers dinner gatherings, and general death related events. I say this now, but I was crying in the car this morning over a faint and distant memory of my wife.

This weekend, I get to spend 3 days with my Father-in-law and Brother-in-law on a 2 night backpacking trip. I am going to try and use this time to discuss a few things with them. Next month will be three years since my wife passed away. I would like to finally do something with her ashes. The ashes have been sitting in my front room all this time, and I know the family would like to have a permanent spot for her.

I am ready for this this closure now. It feels like I have opened and explored my feelings more in the last three years than in my entire life. I am ready to explode. I can’t have my old life back. I need to find myself in this new space with focus. A Sharp and New Man. 



Sharpe And Numan / Automatic / Change Your Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment