Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Won't you take me to

It feels good to be busy. On those days when I feel the most down, I am also the most sedate. Keep me moving, Keep me groovin’ with some energy, and I feel on top of the world. Why don’t I keep my social calendar busier, knowing that my physical and mental health would be the better for it?  I can’t complain that people don’t call me to invite me to events, when I don’t call them and invite them to something  I’ve planned. My happiness is my responsibility. I gotta move on with this life.

And there it is.

My Homework for growth.

When have I ever planned something on my own? My wife and I entertained all the time with dinner parties and swimming pool BBQ’s but it was my wife who made all the plans and contacted the guests.
It’s time that I created an event on my own. This would be growth. This would be facing some social anxiety fears. This would be empowering to my sense of friendships.

This would also be very hard for me to do.

It doesn’t need to be anything big. It can just be calling up a few people to meet for Happy Hour somewhere.

What is my hesitation?

I could talk about it, talk about it, talk about it. But where is the action for these thoughts?
Funky Town Lipps Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment