Friday, September 23, 2011

Hiking with a Sentimental Heart


Setting off for a 3 day weekend (no post on Monday) for a backpacking trip up in the mountains with my in-laws.  I have a nice new Osprey Atmos 65 backpack. Awesome pack with maximum airflow for the back. I haven’t really loaded it with any weight before this trip, so I will get quite the workout with it over the weekend. I’m a bit worried I won’t be able to keep up, as I am out of shape and not used to carrying much weight. I usually use a large MountainSmith  Day Classic Lumbar bag ( a fanny pack style) that I love for day hikes.

It will be an emotional weekend, so I will have an old-man hanky in my pocket. I expect to get razzed a little bit from my Father-in-Law about some of the Facebook and YouTube posts and pictures that show me out and about with friends, including a few women. Both he and my Mother-in-Law have given me gentle permission and encouragement to start 
dating. I am very thankful for them. They have become my second set of parents, and I value and love their support.

I am also set on calling the mortgage broker when I get back. No, I am not really going to mortgage myself to the hilt, but I am going to try to get a substantial loan that would be covered by a couple of roommates, but still easily covered by myself if I choose to live alone. This size of a house would also be positive if I ever find another partner. We could either live in the home together or rent it out completely. 

I really feel like I have turned a corner in my mental stability. I am positive and upbeat. My sentimental heart isn’t battered and bruised anymore. Trying to look forward for the possibility of being referenced as part of a She & Him







Zooey Deschanel & M. Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment